Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer Baby


I like lists. I like to make a list of things to do.  Crossing off things accomplished gives me a great sense of satisfaction.  Before my blueberry was born I was quite good at living by my list. During my college days I used to make giant list on sheets of drawing paper and hang them in the kitchen.  It was the only way I could juggle assignments, teaching, working, my art and living.  But now that my sweet boy is here my list is growing...and it is harder to get things checked off on the list.  Big things like planning the trip to Washington DC this September...to the daily things of paying bills and finding where I packed my extra set of eye glasses.  Instead other items take priority.  Such as Little E's first swim in his inflatable periwinkle blue hippo. Some how his smile as he splashed and chased his aquatic friends seemed more important than laundry.

Here is my Summer Baby list:

  • Take E swimming

  • Take E to an outdoor classical music concert

  • Take E to a county fair

  • Put up E's swing in the tree

  • E's first fireworks

  • First trip to the zoo
Item from Mama's Summer list:

  • Move to the lake house

  • Clean old city house

  • Start exercise program

  • Organize Fall trips to Washington DC an October weekend trip

  • Paint landscape for my sister

  • Paint fence and porch

  • Plant flowers

  • Refurbish metal glider

  • Purchase new eye glasses

  • Organize a studio space

  • Detail clean the truck

  • Find new home for my dear cat, Miss Memphis

  • Print pictures from digital camera

  • Frame pictures from digital camera

  • Send very late thank you cards
Of course the Summer Baby list is more inviting in every way....county fair time is right around the corner.  I look forward to my blueberry hearing his first moo and cock-a-doodle-do.

1 comment:

  1. nice to see you blogging! Good luck with your summer list. :)

    ReplyDelete