Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blueberry Patch

Hello there.
And welcome back.
A little over a year ago my sister and I met my mother at a restaurant for lunch.  I had a surprise for her. We had her close her eyes and laid the surprise in front of her on the table.  When she opened them she found a sonogram photograph of a little seven week old life----the little life that would become my sweet boy. My Blueberry Heart. My Little E.
The first time I started a blog it served as a creative catalyst to find my way back to myself.  My life was a draught.  Work, love, and my life in art had begun to dry and crack.  In March of 2009 my nephew O was born.  He was my last post from my previous blogging life.
And then the weather of my life began to change.
In that year things began to grow again.
I cleared the weeds and let the rain of life shower my world.
It started with a new house, in a new city, a new truck, a cat and a man that could make me laugh.
That combination made a new happiness.  And in that happiness sprouted my Little E.
After nine months of eating blueberry pancakes, blueberry yogurt, blueberry pop tarts----my blueberry heart came into the world.
And now after six months of  baths, bottles, diapers, and burps I want to start taking time to cultivate and contemplate my new life as a mother, as a mama, as mom.
So welcome once again to my blueberry patch---a wild bittersweet place sunned by the love of my blueberry heart, my son.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to you too. You are always an inspiration to me, and I can't wait to read about all your adventures in your new world of motherhood and happiness.

    ReplyDelete