Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

My blueberry is getting to be a big little boy!


Every year I make some resolutions.  And some times I even make good on them.
This year my resolution is simple and complicated---to respect myself again.


Before the baby my life was getting on track----I was painting, reading, feeling better about the way I looked, starting a new life out on my own.  Exciting stuff.


Working long work weeks and cramming baby-family quality time into any free moment I could find made last year the best exhausting year of my life....but some things about my life tended to drift away.
So this year I plan to reign them back in.
  • to keep better in touch with my friends
  • to travel
  • to paint
  • to read
  • to write
  • to garden
  • to eat better
  • to exercise more
  • to save
and a few new things:
  • a vacation as a family
  • learn to walk in high heals
  • a promotion
  • learn to finally sew
I want to offer my blueberry a beautiful and interesting world---and to do that I need to get back to being myself. He deserves the best mama I can be.

3 comments: