Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blueberry Apple Baby

My little guy had his first stay over at his Auntie L's house.  While I was out of town for a few vacation days, our blueberry was on an adventure with his auntie. She did an amazing job with E. Every picture we received while we were away was filled with sunshine smiles---on E's face and on his auntie's. As a special treat she took E and his cousin O to their first apple orchard.  They even went on a hay ride.

My aunt was fundamental to my development as a child.  She exposed me to art, gardens, music, and different life philosophies.  I loved every summer minute I spent on special trips to my aunt's home. I hope my E and his aunt grow the same happy memories together.

And on a side note....I now know how hard it must have been for my mother to send me off for a visit with a relative. Your heart aches when your baby is away from your embrace. And your heart overflows with joy the very moment that they return.

2 comments:

  1. I am for sure looking for more great adventures with my nephews and niece. How wonderful it is to be an Aunt and to get to experience such happy little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear you got to get away for some grown up time! I hope it was fun! SMOOCH to you all, especially that cutie face munchkin :)

    ReplyDelete