Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mama Down

I am recovering from a recent surgery.

I asked the anaesthesiologist how long the surgery was going to be.
She answered between ten minutes to an hour.
Mine was way  over the hour mark.

I tend to be a stubborn person.  Try to do it all on my own.
But with a blueberry a year old and getting his land legs....I have needed a lot of help.

My main restriction is lifting.  My little man has to be passed to me while I am seated. We need assistance with meals, baths, and most importantly--- play time.

I am thankful for every minute of each helping hand---but I have to admit it is very difficult to fight the urge to pick up your own lovely wee lad when he reaches for you.

I know if I put my stubbornness on the back burner and listen to the advice of doctors and love ones I will recover sooner than later.

I hope so.

Because as soon as I get the green recover light I will  sweep that sweet boy up into my arms and deliver a thousand mama kisses that will make both of us giggle and wiggle with glee.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and get better soon. I've found that heavy lifting is always best left to those who can lift heavy things. ;-p

    ReplyDelete